Subject: CVE-2024-27075: media: dvb-frontends: avoid stack overflow warnings with clang

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: dvb-frontends: avoid stack overflow warnings with clang

A previous patch worked around a KASAN issue in stv0367, now a similar
problem showed up with clang:

drivers/media/dvb-frontends/stv0367.c:1222:12: error: stack frame size (3624) exceeds limit (2048) in 'stv0367ter_set_frontend' [-Werror,-Wframe-larger-than]
 1214 | static int stv0367ter_set_frontend(struct dvb_frontend *fe)

Rework the stv0367_writereg() function to be simpler and mark both
register access functions as noinline_for_stack so the temporary
i2c_msg structures do not get duplicated on the stack when KASAN_STACK
is enabled.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27075 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 4.19.311 with commit c073c8cede5a
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit fa8b472952ef
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit fb07104a02e8
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit d20b64f156de
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 107052a8cfef
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 8fad9c5bb00d
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit d6b4895197ab
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit ed514ecf4f29
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit 3cd890dbe2a4 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 7a4cf27d1f05
	Issue introduced in 4.4.168 with commit dc4bc70259da
	Issue introduced in 4.9.82 with commit d1d85ae79d5e
	Issue introduced in 4.14.20 with commit ad91b2e392be
	Issue introduced in 4.15.4 with commit ec1eeaf5b6c1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27075
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/dvb-frontends/stv0367.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c073c8cede5abd3836e83d70d72606d11d0759d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa8b472952ef46eb632825051078c21ce0cafe55
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fb07104a02e87c06c39914d13ed67fd8f839ca82
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d20b64f156de5d10410963fe238d82a4e7e97a2f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/107052a8cfeff3a97326277192b4f052e4860a8a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8fad9c5bb00d3a9508d18bbfe832e33a47377730
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d6b4895197ab5a47cb81c6852d49320b05052960
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed514ecf4f29c80a2f09ae3c877059b401efe893
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7a4cf27d1f0538f779bf31b8c99eda394e277119