Subject: CVE-2024-27072: media: usbtv: Remove useless locks in usbtv_video_free()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: usbtv: Remove useless locks in usbtv_video_free()

Remove locks calls in usbtv_video_free() because
are useless and may led to a deadlock as reported here:
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=166dc872180000
Also remove usbtv_stop() call since it will be called when
unregistering the device.

Before 'c838530d230b' this issue would only be noticed if you
disconnect while streaming and now it is noticeable even when
disconnecting while not streaming.

[hverkuil: fix minor spelling mistake in log message]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27072 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit f3d27f34fdd7 and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 4ec4641df57c
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit f3d27f34fdd7 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit d5ed208d04ac
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit f3d27f34fdd7 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit bdd82c47b22a
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit f3d27f34fdd7 and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit dea46e246ef0
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit f3d27f34fdd7 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 3e7d82ebb86e
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit f3d27f34fdd7 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 65e6a2773d65

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27072
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/usb/usbtv/usbtv-video.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ec4641df57cbdfdc51bb4959afcdbcf5003ddb9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d5ed208d04acf06781d63d30f9fa991e8d609ebd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bdd82c47b22a8befd617b723098b2a41b77373c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dea46e246ef0f98d89d59a4229157cd9ffb636bf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e7d82ebb86e94643bdb30b0b5b077ed27dce1c2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65e6a2773d655172143cc0b927cdc89549842895