Subject: CVE-2024-27065: netfilter: nf_tables: do not compare internal table flags on updates

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nf_tables: do not compare internal table flags on updates

Restore skipping transaction if table update does not modify flags.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27065 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4.262 with commit e10f661adc55 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit 2531f907d3e4
	Issue introduced in 5.10.202 with commit d9c4da8cb74e and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit fcf32a5bfcb8
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 179d9ba5559a and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 640dbf688ba9
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 179d9ba5559a and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 9683cb6c2c6c
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 179d9ba5559a and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 4d37f12707ee
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 179d9ba5559a and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 3443e57654f9
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 179d9ba5559a and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit df257c435e51
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 179d9ba5559a and fixed in 6.9 with commit 4a0e7f2decbf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27065
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/845083249d6a392f3a88804e1669bdb936ee129f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2531f907d3e40a6173090f10670ae76d117ab27b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fcf32a5bfcb8a57ac0ce717fcfa4d688c91f1005
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/640dbf688ba955e83e03de84fbdda8e570b7cce4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9683cb6c2c6c0f45537bf0b8868b5d38fcb63fc7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4d37f12707ee965d338028732575f0b85f6d9e4f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3443e57654f90c9a843ab6a6040c10709fd033aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/df257c435e51651c43b86326d112ddadda76350e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4a0e7f2decbf9bd72461226f1f5f7dcc4b08f139