Subject: CVE-2024-27056: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: ensure offloading TID queue exists

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: ensure offloading TID queue exists

The resume code path assumes that the TX queue for the offloading TID
has been configured. At resume time it then tries to sync the write
pointer as it may have been updated by the firmware.

In the unusual event that no packets have been send on TID 0, the queue
will not have been allocated and this causes a crash. Fix this by
ensuring the queue exist at suspend time.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27056 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.7.11 with commit ed35a509390e
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 78f65fbf421a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27056
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/d3.c
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/sta.c
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/sta.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed35a509390ef4011ea2226da5dd6f62b73873b5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/78f65fbf421a61894c14a1b91fe2fb4437b3fe5f