Subject: CVE-2024-27054: s390/dasd: fix double module refcount decrement

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

s390/dasd: fix double module refcount decrement

Once the discipline is associated with the device, deleting the device
takes care of decrementing the module's refcount.  Doing it manually on
this error path causes refcount to artificially decrease on each error
while it should just stay the same.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27054 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.9 with commit c020d722b110 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit edbdb0d94143
	Issue introduced in 4.9 with commit c020d722b110 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit ad999aa18103
	Issue introduced in 4.9 with commit c020d722b110 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit ec09bcab32fc
	Issue introduced in 4.9 with commit c020d722b110 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit fa18aa507ea7
	Issue introduced in 4.9 with commit c020d722b110 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit ebc5a3bd79e5
	Issue introduced in 4.9 with commit c020d722b110 and fixed in 6.9 with commit c3116e62ddef

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27054
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/s390/block/dasd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/edbdb0d94143db46edd373cc93e433832d29fe19
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad999aa18103fa038787b6a8a55020abcf34df1a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ec09bcab32fc4765e0cc97e1b72cdd067135f37e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa18aa507ea71d8914b6acb2c94db311c757c650
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ebc5a3bd79e54f98c885c26f0862a27a02c487c5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c3116e62ddeff79cae342147753ce596f01fcf06