Subject: CVE-2024-27051: cpufreq: brcmstb-avs-cpufreq: add check for cpufreq_cpu_get's return value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

cpufreq: brcmstb-avs-cpufreq: add check for cpufreq_cpu_get's return value

cpufreq_cpu_get may return NULL. To avoid NULL-dereference check it
and return 0 in case of error.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27051 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit 9127599c075c
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit d951cf510fb0
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit e72160cb6e23
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit b25b64a241d7
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 74b84d0d7118
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit e6e3e51ffba0
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit de322e085995 and fixed in 6.9 with commit f661017e6d32

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27051
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/cpufreq/brcmstb-avs-cpufreq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9127599c075caff234359950117018a010dd01db
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d951cf510fb0df91d3abac0121a59ebbc63c0567
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e72160cb6e23b78b41999d6885a34ce8db536095
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b25b64a241d769e932a022e5c780cf135ef56035
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74b84d0d71180330efe67c82f973a87f828323e5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e6e3e51ffba0784782b1a076d7441605697ea3c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f661017e6d326ee187db24194cabb013d81bc2a6