Subject: CVE-2024-27044: drm/amd/display: Fix potential NULL pointer dereferences in 'dcn10_set_output_transfer_func()'

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Fix potential NULL pointer dereferences in 'dcn10_set_output_transfer_func()'

The 'stream' pointer is used in dcn10_set_output_transfer_func() before
the check if 'stream' is NULL.

Fixes the below:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/hwss/dcn10/dcn10_hwseq.c:1892 dcn10_set_output_transfer_func() warn: variable dereferenced before check 'stream' (see line 1875)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27044 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit e019d87e02f1
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit 330caa061af5
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 6ac7c7a3a9ab
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 29fde8895b2f
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 2d9fe7787af0
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 14613d52bc7f
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 7874ab3105ca
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit ddef02de0d71 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 9ccfe80d022d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27044
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/hwss/dcn10/dcn10_hwseq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e019d87e02f1e539ae48b99187f253847744ca7a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/330caa061af53ea6d287d7c43d0703714e510e08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ac7c7a3a9ab57aba0fe78ecb922d2b20e16efeb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/29fde8895b2fcc33f44aea28c644ce2d9b62f9e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2d9fe7787af01188dc470a649bdbb842d6511fd7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14613d52bc7fc180df6d2c65ba65fc921fc1dda7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7874ab3105ca4657102fee1cc14b0af70883c484
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9ccfe80d022df7c595f1925afb31de2232900656