Subject: CVE-2024-27039: clk: hisilicon: hi3559a: Fix an erroneous devm_kfree()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: hisilicon: hi3559a: Fix an erroneous devm_kfree()

'p_clk' is an array allocated just before the for loop for all clk that
need to be registered.
It is incremented at each loop iteration.

If a clk_register() call fails, 'p_clk' may point to something different
from what should be freed.

The best we can do, is to avoid this wrong release of memory.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27039 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6c81966107dc and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 3f8445f1c746
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6c81966107dc and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit e0b0d1c46a2c
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6c81966107dc and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 95d1f1228c1b
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6c81966107dc and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 2cc572e0085e
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6c81966107dc and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit d575765b1b62
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6c81966107dc and fixed in 6.9 with commit 64c6a38136b7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27039
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/hisilicon/clk-hi3559a.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f8445f1c746fda180a7f75372ed06b24e9cefe2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0b0d1c46a2ce1e46b79d004a7270fdef872e097
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/95d1f1228c1bb54803ae57525b76db60e99b37e4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2cc572e0085ebd4b662b74a0f43222bc00df9a00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d575765b1b62e8bdb00af11caa1aabeb01763d9f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/64c6a38136b74a2f18c42199830975edd9fbc379