Subject: CVE-2024-27033: f2fs: fix to remove unnecessary f2fs_bug_on() to avoid panic

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: fix to remove unnecessary f2fs_bug_on() to avoid panic

verify_blkaddr() will trigger panic once we inject fault into
f2fs_is_valid_blkaddr(), fix to remove this unnecessary f2fs_bug_on().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27033 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 18792e64c86d and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 0386408036bf
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 18792e64c86d and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 6633cdc8b2eb
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 18792e64c86d and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit abe98a05e716
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 18792e64c86d and fixed in 6.9 with commit b896e302f796

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27033
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/f2fs.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0386408036bfc8b50296d9e544ff91c4d52af2db
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6633cdc8b2ebefcddcfcdacfd063105e60f39a49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/abe98a05e7162f64759bf9111108ebcb11322dec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b896e302f79678451a94769ddd9e52e954c64fbb