Subject: CVE-2024-27029: drm/amdgpu: fix mmhub client id out-of-bounds access

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: fix mmhub client id out-of-bounds access

Properly handle cid 0x140.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27029 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit aba2be41470a and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit e1e076bda4fd
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit aba2be41470a and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 1f24b3040f2b
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit aba2be41470a and fixed in 6.9 with commit 6540ff6482c1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27029
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/mmhub_v3_3.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1e076bda4fd6378ae650f2c6ef1a4ff93c5aea5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f24b3040f2b6ffcb97151fabb3070328254d923
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6540ff6482c1a5a6890ae44b23d0852ba1986d9e