Subject: CVE-2024-27028: spi: spi-mt65xx: Fix NULL pointer access in interrupt handler

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

spi: spi-mt65xx: Fix NULL pointer access in interrupt handler

The TX buffer in spi_transfer can be a NULL pointer, so the interrupt
handler may end up writing to the invalid memory and cause crashes.

Add a check to trans->tx_buf before using it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27028 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 4.19.311 with commit 2342b05ec534
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit 55f8ea6731aa
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit bcfcdf196980
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit c10fed329c1c
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 766ec94cc574
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 62b1f837b15c
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit bea82355df9e
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 1784053cf10a
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 1ce24864bff4 and fixed in 6.9 with commit a20ad45008a7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27028
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/spi/spi-mt65xx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2342b05ec5342a519e00524a507f7a6ea6791a38
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/55f8ea6731aa64871ee6aef7dba53ee9f9f3b2f6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bcfcdf19698024565eff427706ebbd8df65abd11
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c10fed329c1c104f375a75ed97ea3abef0786d62
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/766ec94cc57492eab97cbbf1595bd516ab0cb0e4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/62b1f837b15cf3ec2835724bdf8577e47d14c753
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bea82355df9e1c299625405b1947fc9b26b4c6d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1784053cf10a14c4ebd8a890bad5cfe1bee51713
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a20ad45008a7c82f1184dc6dee280096009ece55