Subject: CVE-2024-27026: vmxnet3: Fix missing reserved tailroom

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

vmxnet3: Fix missing reserved tailroom

Use rbi->len instead of rcd->len for non-dataring packet.

Found issue:
  XDP_WARN: xdp_update_frame_from_buff(line:278): Driver BUG: missing reserved tailroom
  WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at net/core/xdp.c:586 xdp_warn+0xf/0x20
  CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G        W  O       6.5.1 #1
  RIP: 0010:xdp_warn+0xf/0x20
  ...
  ? xdp_warn+0xf/0x20
  xdp_do_redirect+0x15f/0x1c0
  vmxnet3_run_xdp+0x17a/0x400 [vmxnet3]
  vmxnet3_process_xdp+0xe4/0x760 [vmxnet3]
  ? vmxnet3_tq_tx_complete.isra.0+0x21e/0x2c0 [vmxnet3]
  vmxnet3_rq_rx_complete+0x7ad/0x1120 [vmxnet3]
  vmxnet3_poll_rx_only+0x2d/0xa0 [vmxnet3]
  __napi_poll+0x20/0x180
  net_rx_action+0x177/0x390

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27026 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 54f00cce1178 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit aba8659caf88
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 54f00cce1178 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 7c8505ecc2d1
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 54f00cce1178 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 91d017d19d5a
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 54f00cce1178 and fixed in 6.9 with commit e127ce7699c1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27026
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_xdp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aba8659caf88017507419feea06069f529329ea6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c8505ecc2d15473d679b8e06335434b84fffe86
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/91d017d19d5a9ad153e2dc23ed3c0e2e79ef5262
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e127ce7699c1e05279ee5ee61f00893e7bfa9671