Subject: CVE-2024-27019: netfilter: nf_tables: Fix potential data-race in __nft_obj_type_get()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nf_tables: Fix potential data-race in __nft_obj_type_get()

nft_unregister_obj() can concurrent with __nft_obj_type_get(),
and there is not any protection when iterate over nf_tables_objects
list in __nft_obj_type_get(). Therefore, there is potential data-race
of nf_tables_objects list entry.

Use list_for_each_entry_rcu() to iterate over nf_tables_objects
list in __nft_obj_type_get(), and use rcu_read_lock() in the caller
nft_obj_type_get() to protect the entire type query process.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27019 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit e50092404c1b and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit cade34279c22
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit e50092404c1b and fixed in 5.15.157 with commit 379bf7257bc5
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit e50092404c1b and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit df7c0fb8c2b9
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit e50092404c1b and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit ad333578f736
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit e50092404c1b and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit 4ca946b19caf
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit e50092404c1b and fixed in 6.9 with commit d78d867dcea6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27019
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cade34279c2249eafe528564bd2e203e4ff15f88
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/379bf7257bc5f2a1b1ca8514e08a871b7bf6d920
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/df7c0fb8c2b9f9cac65659332581b19682a71349
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad333578f736d56920e090d7db1f8dec891d815e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ca946b19caf655a08d5e2266d4d5526025ebb73
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d78d867dcea69c328db30df665be5be7d0148484