Subject: CVE-2024-27015: netfilter: flowtable: incorrect pppoe tuple

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: flowtable: incorrect pppoe tuple

pppoe traffic reaching ingress path does not match the flowtable entry
because the pppoe header is expected to be at the network header offset.
This bug causes a mismatch in the flow table lookup, so pppoe packets
enter the classical forwarding path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27015 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 72efd585f714 and fixed in 5.15.157 with commit e719b52d0c56
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 72efd585f714 and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit f1c3c61701a0
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 72efd585f714 and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit 4ed82dd368ad
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 72efd585f714 and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit e3f078103421
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 72efd585f714 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 6db5dc7b351b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27015
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_flow_table_ip.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e719b52d0c56989b0f3475a03a6d64f182c85b56
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f1c3c61701a0b12f4906152c1626a5de580ea3d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ed82dd368ad883dc4284292937b882f044e625d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e3f078103421642fcd5f05c5e70777feb10f000d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6db5dc7b351b9569940cd1cf445e237c42cd6d27