Subject: CVE-2024-27002: clk: mediatek: Do a runtime PM get on controllers during probe

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: mediatek: Do a runtime PM get on controllers during probe

mt8183-mfgcfg has a mutual dependency with genpd during the probing
stage, which leads to a deadlock in the following call stack:

CPU0:  genpd_lock --> clk_prepare_lock
genpd_power_off_work_fn()
 genpd_lock()
 generic_pm_domain::power_off()
    clk_unprepare()
      clk_prepare_lock()

CPU1: clk_prepare_lock --> genpd_lock
clk_register()
  __clk_core_init()
    clk_prepare_lock()
    clk_pm_runtime_get()
      genpd_lock()

Do a runtime PM get at the probe function to make sure clk_register()
won't acquire the genpd lock. Instead of only modifying mt8183-mfgcfg,
do this on all mediatek clock controller probings because we don't
believe this would cause any regression.

Verified on MT8183 and MT8192 Chromebooks.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27002 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit acddfc2c261b and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit 165d22647257
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit acddfc2c261b and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit c0dcd5c072e2
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit acddfc2c261b and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit b62ed25feb34
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit acddfc2c261b and fixed in 6.9 with commit 2f7b1d8b5505

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27002
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/mediatek/clk-mtk.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/165d226472575b213dd90dfda19d1605dd7c19a8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c0dcd5c072e2a3fff886f673e6a5d9bf8090c4cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b62ed25feb342eab052822eff0c554873799a4f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2f7b1d8b5505efb0057cd1ab85fca206063ea4c3