Subject: CVE-2024-27001: comedi: vmk80xx: fix incomplete endpoint checking

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

comedi: vmk80xx: fix incomplete endpoint checking

While vmk80xx does have endpoint checking implemented, some things
can fall through the cracks. Depending on the hardware model,
URBs can have either bulk or interrupt type, and current version
of vmk80xx_find_usb_endpoints() function does not take that fully
into account. While this warning does not seem to be too harmful,
at the very least it will crash systems with 'panic_on_warn' set on
them.

Fix the issue found by Syzkaller [1] by somewhat simplifying the
endpoint checking process with usb_find_common_endpoints() and
ensuring that only expected endpoint types are present.

This patch has not been tested on real hardware.

[1] Syzkaller report:
usb 1-1: BOGUS urb xfer, pipe 1 != type 3
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 781 at drivers/usb/core/urb.c:504 usb_submit_urb+0xc4e/0x18c0 drivers/usb/core/urb.c:503
...
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 usb_start_wait_urb+0x113/0x520 drivers/usb/core/message.c:59
 vmk80xx_reset_device drivers/comedi/drivers/vmk80xx.c:227 [inline]
 vmk80xx_auto_attach+0xa1c/0x1a40 drivers/comedi/drivers/vmk80xx.c:818
 comedi_auto_config+0x238/0x380 drivers/comedi/drivers.c:1067
 usb_probe_interface+0x5cd/0xb00 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:399
...

Similar issue also found by Syzkaller:

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27001 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 4.19.313 with commit 3a63ae0348d9
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 5.4.275 with commit a3b8ae7e9297
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 5.10.216 with commit f15370e31597
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 5.15.157 with commit b0b268eeb087
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit ac882d6b21bf
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit 59f33af97961
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit 6ec3514a7d35
	Issue introduced in 3.9 with commit 49253d542cc0 and fixed in 6.9 with commit d1718530e3f6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27001
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/comedi/drivers/vmk80xx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3a63ae0348d990e137cca04eced5b08379969ea9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a3b8ae7e9297dd453f2977b011c5bc75eb20e71b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f15370e315976198f338b41611f37ce82af6cf54
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0b268eeb087e324ef3ea71f8e6cabd07630517f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ac882d6b21bffecb57bcc4486701239eef5aa67b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/59f33af9796160f851641d960bd93937f282c696
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ec3514a7d35ad9cfab600187612c29f669069d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d1718530e3f640b7d5f0050e725216eab57a85d8