Subject: CVE-2024-26994: speakup: Avoid crash on very long word

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

speakup: Avoid crash on very long word

In case a console is set up really large and contains a really long word
(> 256 characters), we have to stop before the length of the word buffer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26994 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 4.19.313 with commit 756c5cb7c09e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 5.4.275 with commit 8f6b62125bef
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 5.10.216 with commit 6401038acfa2
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 5.15.157 with commit 0d130158db29
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit 89af25bd4b4b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit 8defb1d22ba0
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit 0efb15c14c49
	Issue introduced in 2.6.37 with commit c6e3fd22cd53 and fixed in 6.9 with commit c8d2f34ea96e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26994
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/accessibility/speakup/main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/756c5cb7c09e537b87b5d3acafcb101b2ccf394f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8f6b62125befe1675446923e4171eac2c012959c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6401038acfa24cba9c28cce410b7505efadd0222
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d130158db29f5e0b3893154908cf618896450a8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89af25bd4b4bf6a71295f07e07a8ae7dc03c6595
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8defb1d22ba0395b81feb963b96e252b097ba76f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0efb15c14c493263cb3a5f65f5ddfd4603d19a76
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8d2f34ea96ea3bce6ba2535f867f0d4ee3b22e1