Subject: CVE-2024-26986: drm/amdkfd: Fix memory leak in create_process failure

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdkfd: Fix memory leak in create_process failure

Fix memory leak due to a leaked mmget reference on an error handling
code path that is triggered when attempting to create KFD processes
while a GPU reset is in progress.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26986 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 0ab2d7532b05 and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit aa02d43367a9
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 0ab2d7532b05 and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit 0dcd87641164
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 0ab2d7532b05 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 18921b205012

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26986
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_process.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa02d43367a9adf8c85fb382fea4171fb266c8d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0dcd876411644da98a6b4d5a18d32ca94c15bdb5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/18921b205012568b45760753ad3146ddb9e2d4e2