Subject: CVE-2024-26985: drm/xe: Fix bo leak in intel_fb_bo_framebuffer_init

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe: Fix bo leak in intel_fb_bo_framebuffer_init

Add a unreference bo in the error path, to prevent leaking a bo ref.

Return 0 on success to clarify the success path.

(cherry picked from commit a2f3d731be3893e730417ae3190760fcaffdf549)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26985 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 44e694958b95 and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit 7d8ac0942c31
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 44e694958b95 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 652ead9b746a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26985
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/display/intel_fb_bo.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d8ac0942c312abda43b407eff72d31747a7b472
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/652ead9b746a63e4e79d7ad66d3edf0a8a5b0c2f