Subject: CVE-2024-26950: wireguard: netlink: access device through ctx instead of peer

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wireguard: netlink: access device through ctx instead of peer

The previous commit fixed a bug that led to a NULL peer->device being
dereferenced. It's actually easier and faster performance-wise to
instead get the device from ctx->wg. This semantically makes more sense
too, since ctx->wg->peer_allowedips.seq is compared with
ctx->allowedips_seq, basing them both in ctx. This also acts as a
defence in depth provision against freed peers.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26950 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 5.10.215 with commit 493aa6bdcffd
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 5.15.154 with commit 4be453271a88
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.1.84 with commit 09c3fa70f651
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.6.24 with commit c991567e6c63
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 93bcc1752c69
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit d44bd323d8bb
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 71cbd32e3db8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26950
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireguard/netlink.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/493aa6bdcffd90a4f82aa614fe4f4db0641b4068
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4be453271a882c8ebc28df3dbf9e4d95e6ac42f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/09c3fa70f65175861ca948cb2f0f791e666c90e5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c991567e6c638079304cc15dff28748e4a3c4a37
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93bcc1752c69bb309f4d8cfaf960ef1faeb34996
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d44bd323d8bb8031eef4bdc44547925998a11e47
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/71cbd32e3db82ea4a74e3ef9aeeaa6971969c86f