Subject: CVE-2024-26948: drm/amd/display: Add a dc_state NULL check in dc_state_release

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add a dc_state NULL check in dc_state_release

[How]
Check wheather state is NULL before releasing it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26948 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.8.3 with commit d37a08f84048
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 334b56cea5d9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26948
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc_state.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d37a08f840485995e3fb91dad95e441b9d28a269
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/334b56cea5d9df5989be6cf1a5898114fa70ad98