Subject: CVE-2024-26940: drm/vmwgfx: Create debugfs ttm_resource_manager entry only if needed

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/vmwgfx: Create debugfs ttm_resource_manager entry only if needed

The driver creates /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/mob_ttm even when the
corresponding ttm_resource_manager is not allocated.
This leads to a crash when trying to read from this file.

Add a check to create mob_ttm, system_mob_ttm, and gmr_ttm debug file
only when the corresponding ttm_resource_manager is allocated.

crash> bt
PID: 3133409  TASK: ffff8fe4834a5000  CPU: 3    COMMAND: "grep"
 #0 [ffffb954506b3b20] machine_kexec at ffffffffb2a6bec3
 #1 [ffffb954506b3b78] __crash_kexec at ffffffffb2bb598a
 #2 [ffffb954506b3c38] crash_kexec at ffffffffb2bb68c1
 #3 [ffffb954506b3c50] oops_end at ffffffffb2a2a9b1
 #4 [ffffb954506b3c70] no_context at ffffffffb2a7e913
 #5 [ffffb954506b3cc8] __bad_area_nosemaphore at ffffffffb2a7ec8c
 #6 [ffffb954506b3d10] do_page_fault at ffffffffb2a7f887
 #7 [ffffb954506b3d40] page_fault at ffffffffb360116e
    [exception RIP: ttm_resource_manager_debug+0x11]
    RIP: ffffffffc04afd11  RSP: ffffb954506b3df0  RFLAGS: 00010246
    RAX: ffff8fe41a6d1200  RBX: 0000000000000000  RCX: 0000000000000940
    RDX: 0000000000000000  RSI: ffffffffc04b4338  RDI: 0000000000000000
    RBP: ffffb954506b3e08   R8: ffff8fee3ffad000   R9: 0000000000000000
    R10: ffff8fe41a76a000  R11: 0000000000000001  R12: 00000000ffffffff
    R13: 0000000000000001  R14: ffff8fe5bb6f3900  R15: ffff8fe41a6d1200
    ORIG_RAX: ffffffffffffffff  CS: 0010  SS: 0018
 #8 [ffffb954506b3e00] ttm_resource_manager_show at ffffffffc04afde7 [ttm]
 #9 [ffffb954506b3e30] seq_read at ffffffffb2d8f9f3
    RIP: 00007f4c4eda8985  RSP: 00007ffdbba9e9f8  RFLAGS: 00000246
    RAX: ffffffffffffffda  RBX: 000000000037e000  RCX: 00007f4c4eda8985
    RDX: 000000000037e000  RSI: 00007f4c41573000  RDI: 0000000000000003
    RBP: 000000000037e000   R8: 0000000000000000   R9: 000000000037fe30
    R10: 0000000000000000  R11: 0000000000000246  R12: 00007f4c41573000
    R13: 0000000000000003  R14: 00007f4c41572010  R15: 0000000000000003
    ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000000  CS: 0033  SS: 002b

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26940 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit af4a25bbe5e7 and fixed in 6.1.84 with commit 016119154981
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit af4a25bbe5e7 and fixed in 6.6.24 with commit 042ef0afc40f
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit af4a25bbe5e7 and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 25e3ce59c120
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit af4a25bbe5e7 and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit eb08db0fc535
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit af4a25bbe5e7 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 4be9075fec0a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26940
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_drv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/016119154981d81c9e8f2ea3f56b9e2b4ea14500
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/042ef0afc40fa1a22b3608f22915b91ce39d128f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/25e3ce59c1200f1f0563e39de151f34962ab0fe1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eb08db0fc5354fa17b7ed66dab3c503332423451
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4be9075fec0a639384ed19975634b662bfab938f