Subject: CVE-2024-26932: usb: typec: tcpm: fix double-free issue in tcpm_port_unregister_pd()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: typec: tcpm: fix double-free issue in tcpm_port_unregister_pd()

When unregister pd capabilitie in tcpm, KASAN will capture below double
-free issue. The root cause is the same capabilitiy will be kfreed twice,
the first time is kfreed by pd_capabilities_release() and the second time
is explicitly kfreed by tcpm_port_unregister_pd().

[    3.988059] BUG: KASAN: double-free in tcpm_port_unregister_pd+0x1a4/0x3dc
[    3.995001] Free of addr ffff0008164d3000 by task kworker/u16:0/10
[    4.001206]
[    4.002712] CPU: 2 PID: 10 Comm: kworker/u16:0 Not tainted 6.8.0-rc5-next-20240220-05616-g52728c567a55 #53
[    4.012402] Hardware name: Freescale i.MX8QXP MEK (DT)
[    4.017569] Workqueue: events_unbound deferred_probe_work_func
[    4.023456] Call trace:
[    4.025920]  dump_backtrace+0x94/0xec
[    4.029629]  show_stack+0x18/0x24
[    4.032974]  dump_stack_lvl+0x78/0x90
[    4.036675]  print_report+0xfc/0x5c0
[    4.040289]  kasan_report_invalid_free+0xa0/0xc0
[    4.044937]  __kasan_slab_free+0x124/0x154
[    4.049072]  kfree+0xb4/0x1e8
[    4.052069]  tcpm_port_unregister_pd+0x1a4/0x3dc
[    4.056725]  tcpm_register_port+0x1dd0/0x2558
[    4.061121]  tcpci_register_port+0x420/0x71c
[    4.065430]  tcpci_probe+0x118/0x2e0

To fix the issue, this will remove kree() from tcpm_port_unregister_pd().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26932 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit cd099cde4ed2 and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit 242e425ed580
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit cd099cde4ed2 and fixed in 6.9 with commit b63f90487bdf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26932
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/typec/tcpm/tcpm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/242e425ed580b2f4dbcb86c8fc03a410a4084a69
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b63f90487bdf93a4223ce7853d14717e9d452856