Subject: CVE-2024-26928: smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_debug_files_proc_show()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_debug_files_proc_show()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26928 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 229042314602
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit a65f2b56334b
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 3402faf78b25
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit ca545b7f0823

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26928
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/cifs_debug.c
	fs/smb/client/cifsglob.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/229042314602db62559ecacba127067c22ee7b88
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a65f2b56334ba4dc30bd5ee9ce5b2691b973344d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3402faf78b2516b0af1259baff50cc8453ef0bd1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ca545b7f0823f19db0f1148d59bc5e1a56634502