Subject: CVE-2024-26922: drm/amdgpu: validate the parameters of bo mapping operations more clearly

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: validate the parameters of bo mapping operations more clearly

Verify the parameters of
amdgpu_vm_bo_(map/replace_map/clearing_mappings) in one common place.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26922 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 4.19.313 with commit d4da6b084f1c
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 5.4.275 with commit f68039375d4d
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 5.10.216 with commit 1fd7db5c1602
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 5.15.157 with commit 8b12fc7b0326
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 6.1.88 with commit 212e3baccdb1
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 6.6.29 with commit ef13eeca7c79
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 6.8.8 with commit b1f04b9b1c53
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit dc54d3d1744d and fixed in 6.9 with commit 6fef2d4c00b5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26922
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d4da6b084f1c5625937d49bb6722c5b4aef11b8d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f68039375d4d6d67303674c0ab2d06b7295c0ec9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1fd7db5c16028dc07b2ceec190f2e895dddb532d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b12fc7b032633539acdf7864888b0ebd49e90f2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/212e3baccdb1939606420d88f7f52d346b49a284
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef13eeca7c79136bc38e21eb67322c1cbd5c40ee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b1f04b9b1c5317f562a455384c5f7473e46bdbaa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6fef2d4c00b5b8561ad68dd2b68173f5c6af1e75