Subject: CVE-2024-26919: usb: ulpi: Fix debugfs directory leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: ulpi: Fix debugfs directory leak

The ULPI per-device debugfs root is named after the ulpi device's
parent, but ulpi_unregister_interface tries to remove a debugfs
directory named after the ulpi device itself. This results in the
directory sticking around and preventing subsequent (deferred) probes
from succeeding. Change the directory name to match the ulpi device.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26919 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit bd0a0a024f2a and fixed in 6.1.79 with commit d31b886ed6a5
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit bd0a0a024f2a and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 330d22aba17a
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit bd0a0a024f2a and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 33713945cc92
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit bd0a0a024f2a and fixed in 6.8 with commit 3caf2b2ad733

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26919
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/common/ulpi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d31b886ed6a5095214062ee4fb55037eb930adb6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/330d22aba17a4d30a56f007d0f51291d7e00862b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/33713945cc92ea9c4a1a9479d5c1b7acb7fc4df3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3caf2b2ad7334ef35f55b95f3e1b138c6f77b368