Subject: CVE-2024-26917: scsi: Revert "scsi: fcoe: Fix potential deadlock on &fip->ctlr_lock"

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: Revert "scsi: fcoe: Fix potential deadlock on &fip->ctlr_lock"

This reverts commit 1a1975551943f681772720f639ff42fbaa746212.

This commit causes interrupts to be lost for FCoE devices, since it changed
sping locks from "bh" to "irqsave".

Instead, a work queue should be used, and will be addressed in a separate
commit.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26917 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19.295 with commit 264eae2f523d and fixed in 4.19.307 with commit 94a600226b6d
	Issue introduced in 5.4.257 with commit d2bf25674cea and fixed in 5.4.269 with commit 2209fc6e3d77
	Issue introduced in 5.10.195 with commit 9cce8ef7a6fa and fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 7d4e19f7ff64
	Issue introduced in 5.15.132 with commit 076fb40cf27a and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 5b8f473c4de9
	Issue introduced in 6.1.53 with commit 5a5fb3b1754f and fixed in 6.1.79 with commit 6bb22ac1d11d
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 1a1975551943 and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 2996c7e97ea7
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 1a1975551943 and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 25675159040b
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 1a1975551943 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 977fe773dcc7
	Issue introduced in 4.14.326 with commit 4ea46b479a00
	Issue introduced in 6.4.16 with commit 694ddc5bf35a
	Issue introduced in 6.5.3 with commit 6c5d7242bcf2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26917
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/fcoe/fcoe_ctlr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94a600226b6d0ef065ee84024b450b566c5a87d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2209fc6e3d7727d787dc6ef9baa1e9eae6b1295b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d4e19f7ff644c5b79e8271df8ac2e549b436a5b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b8f473c4de95c056c1c767b1ad48c191544f6a5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6bb22ac1d11d7d20f91e7fd2e657a9e5f6db65e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2996c7e97ea7cf4c1838a1b1dbc0885934113783
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/25675159040bffc7992d5163f3f33ba7d0142f21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/977fe773dcc7098d8eaf4ee6382cb51e13e784cb