Subject: CVE-2024-26903: Bluetooth: rfcomm: Fix null-ptr-deref in rfcomm_check_security

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: rfcomm: Fix null-ptr-deref in rfcomm_check_security

During our fuzz testing of the connection and disconnection process at the
RFCOMM layer, we discovered this bug. By comparing the packets from a
normal connection and disconnection process with the testcase that
triggered a KASAN report. We analyzed the cause of this bug as follows:

1. In the packets captured during a normal connection, the host sends a
`Read Encryption Key Size` type of `HCI_CMD` packet
(Command Opcode: 0x1408) to the controller to inquire the length of
encryption key.After receiving this packet, the controller immediately
replies with a Command Completepacket (Event Code: 0x0e) to return the
Encryption Key Size.

2. In our fuzz test case, the timing of the controller's response to this
packet was delayed to an unexpected point: after the RFCOMM and L2CAP
layers had disconnected but before the HCI layer had disconnected.

3. After receiving the Encryption Key Size Response at the time described
in point 2, the host still called the rfcomm_check_security function.
However, by this time `struct l2cap_conn *conn = l2cap_pi(sk)->chan->conn;`
had already been released, and when the function executed
`return hci_conn_security(conn->hcon, d->sec_level, auth_type, d->out);`,
specifically when accessing `conn->hcon`, a null-ptr-deref error occurred.

To fix this bug, check if `sk->sk_state` is BT_CLOSED before calling
rfcomm_recv_frame in rfcomm_process_rx.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26903 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.311 with commit 369f419c097e
	Fixed in 5.4.273 with commit 5f369efd9d96
	Fixed in 5.10.214 with commit 81d7d920a22f
	Fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 8d1753973f59
	Fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 567c0411dc3b
	Fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 3ead59bafad0
	Fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 5f9fe302dd3a
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 2535b848fa0f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26903
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/rfcomm/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/369f419c097e82407dd429a202cde9a73d3ae29b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5f369efd9d963c1f711a06c9b8baf9f5ce616d85
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/81d7d920a22fd58ef9aedb1bd0a68ee32bd23e96
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8d1753973f598531baaa2c1033cf7f7b5bb004b0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/567c0411dc3b424fc7bd1e6109726d7ba32d4f73
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ead59bafad05f2967ae2438c0528d53244cfde5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5f9fe302dd3a9bbc50f4888464c1773f45166bfd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2535b848fa0f42ddff3e5255cf5e742c9b77bb26