Subject: CVE-2024-26892: wifi: mt76: mt7921e: fix use-after-free in free_irq()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mt76: mt7921e: fix use-after-free in free_irq()

From commit a304e1b82808 ("[PATCH] Debug shared irqs"), there is a test
to make sure the shared irq handler should be able to handle the unexpected
event after deregistration. For this case, let's apply MT76_REMOVED flag to
indicate the device was removed and do not run into the resource access
anymore.

BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in mt7921_irq_handler+0xd8/0x100 [mt7921e]
Read of size 8 at addr ffff88824a7d3b78 by task rmmod/11115
CPU: 28 PID: 11115 Comm: rmmod Tainted: G        W    L    5.17.0 #10
Hardware name: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-7D73/MPG B650I
EDGE WIFI (MS-7D73), BIOS 1.81 01/05/2024
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 dump_stack_lvl+0x6f/0xa0
 print_address_description.constprop.0+0x1f/0x190
 ? mt7921_irq_handler+0xd8/0x100 [mt7921e]
 ? mt7921_irq_handler+0xd8/0x100 [mt7921e]
 kasan_report.cold+0x7f/0x11b
 ? mt7921_irq_handler+0xd8/0x100 [mt7921e]
 mt7921_irq_handler+0xd8/0x100 [mt7921e]
 free_irq+0x627/0xaa0
 devm_free_irq+0x94/0xd0
 ? devm_request_any_context_irq+0x160/0x160
 ? kobject_put+0x18d/0x4a0
 mt7921_pci_remove+0x153/0x190 [mt7921e]
 pci_device_remove+0xa2/0x1d0
 __device_release_driver+0x346/0x6e0
 driver_detach+0x1ef/0x2c0
 bus_remove_driver+0xe7/0x2d0
 ? __check_object_size+0x57/0x310
 pci_unregister_driver+0x26/0x250
 __do_sys_delete_module+0x307/0x510
 ? free_module+0x6a0/0x6a0
 ? fpregs_assert_state_consistent+0x4b/0xb0
 ? rcu_read_lock_sched_held+0x10/0x70
 ? syscall_enter_from_user_mode+0x20/0x70
 ? trace_hardirqs_on+0x1c/0x130
 do_syscall_64+0x5c/0x80
 ? trace_hardirqs_on_prepare+0x72/0x160
 ? do_syscall_64+0x68/0x80
 ? trace_hardirqs_on_prepare+0x72/0x160
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26892 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 9270270d6219 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit c7dd42fbebcf
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 9270270d6219 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit bfe1adf1606f
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 9270270d6219 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit bfeaef901194
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 9270270d6219 and fixed in 6.9 with commit c957280ef6ab
	Issue introduced in 6.2.15 with commit a76eaaaafd8b
	Issue introduced in 6.3.2 with commit 95e41ac30a0d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26892
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/pci.c
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt792x_dma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c7dd42fbebcfb02bef070fd48f774d6412d0b49d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bfe1adf1606f76c180324e53b130f0e76d5cc6c3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bfeaef901194c5923ce3330272786eff2fac513a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c957280ef6ab6bdf559a91ae693a6b34310697e3