Subject: CVE-2024-26888: Bluetooth: msft: Fix memory leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: msft: Fix memory leak

Fix leaking buffer allocated to send MSFT_OP_LE_MONITOR_ADVERTISEMENT.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26888 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9e14606d8f38 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 98e9920c75e0
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9e14606d8f38 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 5987b9f7d931
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9e14606d8f38 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 5cb93417c937
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9e14606d8f38 and fixed in 6.9 with commit a6e06258f4c3
	Issue introduced in 6.4.16 with commit f9965f7f38c9
	Issue introduced in 6.5.3 with commit 80fe27811c56

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26888
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/msft.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98e9920c75e0790bff947a00d192d24bf1c724e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5987b9f7d9314c7411136005b3a52f61a8cc0911
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5cb93417c93716a5404f762f331f5de3653fd952
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a6e06258f4c31eba0fcd503e19828b5f8fe7b08b