Subject: CVE-2024-26872: RDMA/srpt: Do not register event handler until srpt device is fully setup

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/srpt: Do not register event handler until srpt device is fully setup

Upon rare occasions, KASAN reports a use-after-free Write
in srpt_refresh_port().

This seems to be because an event handler is registered before the
srpt device is fully setup and a race condition upon error may leave a
partially setup event handler in place.

Instead, only register the event handler after srpt device initialization
is complete.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26872 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit bdd895e0190c
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 6413e78086ca
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit e362d0072949
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 85570b91e482
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 7104a00fa37a
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit ec77fa12da41
	Issue introduced in 3.3 with commit a42d985bd5b2 and fixed in 6.9 with commit c21a8870c986

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26872
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/ulp/srpt/ib_srpt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bdd895e0190c464f54f84579e7535d80276f0fc5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6413e78086caf7bf15639923740da0d91fdfd090
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e362d007294955a4fb929e1c8978154a64efdcb6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/85570b91e4820a0db9d9432098778cafafa7d217
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7104a00fa37ae898a827381f1161fa3286c8b346
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ec77fa12da41260c6bf9e060b89234b980c5130f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c21a8870c98611e8f892511825c9607f1e2cd456