Subject: CVE-2024-26856: net: sparx5: Fix use after free inside sparx5_del_mact_entry

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: sparx5: Fix use after free inside sparx5_del_mact_entry

Based on the static analyzis of the code it looks like when an entry
from the MAC table was removed, the entry was still used after being
freed. More precise the vid of the mac_entry was used after calling
devm_kfree on the mac_entry.
The fix consists in first using the vid of the mac_entry to delete the
entry from the HW and after that to free it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26856 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b37a1bae742f and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit e46274df1100
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b37a1bae742f and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit 0de693d68b0a
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b37a1bae742f and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit e83bebb718fd
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b37a1bae742f and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 71809805b950
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b37a1bae742f and fixed in 6.8 with commit 89d72d4125e9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26856
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/sparx5/sparx5_mactable.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e46274df1100fb0c06704195bfff5bfbd418bf64
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0de693d68b0a18d5e256556c7c62d92cca35ad52
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e83bebb718fd1f42549358730e1206164e0861d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/71809805b95052ff551922f11660008fb3666025
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89d72d4125e94aa3c2140fedd97ce07ba9e37674