Subject: CVE-2024-26855: net: ice: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference in ice_bridge_setlink()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ice: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference in ice_bridge_setlink()

The function ice_bridge_setlink() may encounter a NULL pointer dereference
if nlmsg_find_attr() returns NULL and br_spec is dereferenced subsequently
in nla_for_each_nested(). To address this issue, add a check to ensure that
br_spec is not NULL before proceeding with the nested attribute iteration.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26855 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit d9fefc511331
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit 37fe99016b12
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 8d95465d9a42
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit afdd29726a6d
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 1a770927dc1d
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 0e296067ae0d
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit b1edc14a3fbf and fixed in 6.8 with commit 06e456a05d66

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26855
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d9fefc51133107e59d192d773be86c1150cfeebb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/37fe99016b12d32100ce670216816dba6c48b309
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8d95465d9a424200485792858c5b3be54658ce19
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/afdd29726a6de4ba27cd15590661424c888dc596
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1a770927dc1d642b22417c3e668c871689fc58b3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0e296067ae0d74a10b4933601f9aa9f0ec8f157f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06e456a05d669ca30b224b8ed962421770c1496c