Subject: CVE-2024-26850: mm/debug_vm_pgtable: fix BUG_ON with pud advanced test

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mm/debug_vm_pgtable: fix BUG_ON with pud advanced test

Architectures like powerpc add debug checks to ensure we find only devmap
PUD pte entries.  These debug checks are only done with CONFIG_DEBUG_VM. 
This patch marks the ptes used for PUD advanced test devmap pte entries so
that we don't hit on debug checks on architecture like ppc64 as below.

WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 1 at arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/radix_pgtable.c:1382 radix__pud_hugepage_update+0x38/0x138
....
NIP [c0000000000a7004] radix__pud_hugepage_update+0x38/0x138
LR [c0000000000a77a8] radix__pudp_huge_get_and_clear+0x28/0x60
Call Trace:
[c000000004a2f950] [c000000004a2f9a0] 0xc000000004a2f9a0 (unreliable)
[c000000004a2f980] [000d34c100000000] 0xd34c100000000
[c000000004a2f9a0] [c00000000206ba98] pud_advanced_tests+0x118/0x334
[c000000004a2fa40] [c00000000206db34] debug_vm_pgtable+0xcbc/0x1c48
[c000000004a2fc10] [c00000000000fd28] do_one_initcall+0x60/0x388

Also

 kernel BUG at arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.c:202!
 ....

 NIP [c000000000096510] pudp_huge_get_and_clear_full+0x98/0x174
 LR [c00000000206bb34] pud_advanced_tests+0x1b4/0x334
 Call Trace:
 [c000000004a2f950] [000d34c100000000] 0xd34c100000000 (unreliable)
 [c000000004a2f9a0] [c00000000206bb34] pud_advanced_tests+0x1b4/0x334
 [c000000004a2fa40] [c00000000206db34] debug_vm_pgtable+0xcbc/0x1c48
 [c000000004a2fc10] [c00000000000fd28] do_one_initcall+0x60/0x388

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26850 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 27af67f35631 and fixed in 6.6.21 with commit d2a9510c0e39
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 27af67f35631 and fixed in 6.7.9 with commit eeeddf85fc58
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 27af67f35631 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 720da1e593b8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26850
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	mm/debug_vm_pgtable.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2a9510c0e39d06f5544075c13040407bdbf2803
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eeeddf85fc58d48c58ad916e4ca12363ebd8ab21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/720da1e593b85a550593b415bf1d79a053133451