Subject: CVE-2024-26845: scsi: target: core: Add TMF to tmr_list handling

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: target: core: Add TMF to tmr_list handling

An abort that is responded to by iSCSI itself is added to tmr_list but does
not go to target core. A LUN_RESET that goes through tmr_list takes a
refcounter on the abort and waits for completion. However, the abort will
be never complete because it was not started in target core.

 Unable to locate ITT: 0x05000000 on CID: 0
 Unable to locate RefTaskTag: 0x05000000 on CID: 0.
 wait_for_tasks: Stopping tmf LUN_RESET with tag 0x0 ref_task_tag 0x0 i_state 34 t_state ISTATE_PROCESSING refcnt 2 transport_state active,stop,fabric_stop
 wait for tasks: tmf LUN_RESET with tag 0x0 ref_task_tag 0x0 i_state 34 t_state ISTATE_PROCESSING refcnt 2 transport_state active,stop,fabric_stop
...
 INFO: task kworker/0:2:49 blocked for more than 491 seconds.
 task:kworker/0:2     state:D stack:    0 pid:   49 ppid:     2 flags:0x00000800
 Workqueue: events target_tmr_work [target_core_mod]
Call Trace:
 __switch_to+0x2c4/0x470
 _schedule+0x314/0x1730
 schedule+0x64/0x130
 schedule_timeout+0x168/0x430
 wait_for_completion+0x140/0x270
 target_put_cmd_and_wait+0x64/0xb0 [target_core_mod]
 core_tmr_lun_reset+0x30/0xa0 [target_core_mod]
 target_tmr_work+0xc8/0x1b0 [target_core_mod]
 process_one_work+0x2d4/0x5d0
 worker_thread+0x78/0x6c0

To fix this, only add abort to tmr_list if it will be handled by target
core.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26845 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.308 with commit 425a571a7e6f
	Fixed in 5.4.270 with commit 11f3fe5001ed
	Fixed in 5.10.211 with commit 168ed59170de
	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit a9849b67b440
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit e717bd412001
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 36bc5040c863
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit bd508f96b5fe
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 83ab68168a3d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26845
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/target/target_core_device.c
	drivers/target/target_core_transport.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/425a571a7e6fc389954cf2564e1edbba3740e171
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/11f3fe5001ed05721e641f0ecaa7a73b7deb245d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/168ed59170de1fd7274080fe102216162d6826cf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a9849b67b4402a12eb35eadc9306c1ef9847d53d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e717bd412001495f17400bfc09f606f1b594ef5a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/36bc5040c863b44af06094b22f1e50059227b9cb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd508f96b5fef96d8a0ce9cbb211d82bcfc2341f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83ab68168a3d990d5ff39ab030ad5754cbbccb25