Subject: CVE-2024-26843: efi: runtime: Fix potential overflow of soft-reserved region size

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

efi: runtime: Fix potential overflow of soft-reserved region size

md_size will have been narrowed if we have >= 4GB worth of pages in a
soft-reserved region.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26843 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.211 with commit 4fff3d735bae
	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit 4aa36b62c3ea
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit 700c3f642c32
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit cf3d6813601f
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 156cb12ffdcf
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit de1034b38a34

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26843
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/firmware/efi/arm-runtime.c
	drivers/firmware/efi/riscv-runtime.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4fff3d735baea104017f2e3c245e27cdc79f2426
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4aa36b62c3eaa869860bf78b1146e9f2b5f782a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/700c3f642c32721f246e09d3a9511acf40ae42be
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf3d6813601fe496de7f023435e31bfffa74ae70
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/156cb12ffdcf33883304f0db645e1eadae712fe0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/de1034b38a346ef6be25fe8792f5d1e0684d5ff4