Subject: CVE-2024-26842: scsi: ufs: core: Fix shift issue in ufshcd_clear_cmd()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: ufs: core: Fix shift issue in ufshcd_clear_cmd()

When task_tag >= 32 (in MCQ mode) and sizeof(unsigned int) == 4, 1U <<
task_tag will out of bounds for a u32 mask. Fix this up to prevent
SHIFT_ISSUE (bitwise shifts that are out of bounds for their data type).

[name:debug_monitors&]Unexpected kernel BRK exception at EL1
[name:traps&]Internal error: BRK handler: 00000000f2005514 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[name:mediatek_cpufreq_hw&]cpufreq stop DVFS log done
[name:mrdump&]Kernel Offset: 0x1ba5800000 from 0xffffffc008000000
[name:mrdump&]PHYS_OFFSET: 0x80000000
[name:mrdump&]pstate: 22400005 (nzCv daif +PAN -UAO)
[name:mrdump&]pc : [0xffffffdbaf52bb2c] ufshcd_clear_cmd+0x280/0x288
[name:mrdump&]lr : [0xffffffdbaf52a774] ufshcd_wait_for_dev_cmd+0x3e4/0x82c
[name:mrdump&]sp : ffffffc0081471b0
<snip>
Workqueue: ufs_eh_wq_0 ufshcd_err_handler
Call trace:
 dump_backtrace+0xf8/0x144
 show_stack+0x18/0x24
 dump_stack_lvl+0x78/0x9c
 dump_stack+0x18/0x44
 mrdump_common_die+0x254/0x480 [mrdump]
 ipanic_die+0x20/0x30 [mrdump]
 notify_die+0x15c/0x204
 die+0x10c/0x5f8
 arm64_notify_die+0x74/0x13c
 do_debug_exception+0x164/0x26c
 el1_dbg+0x64/0x80
 el1h_64_sync_handler+0x3c/0x90
 el1h_64_sync+0x68/0x6c
 ufshcd_clear_cmd+0x280/0x288
 ufshcd_wait_for_dev_cmd+0x3e4/0x82c
 ufshcd_exec_dev_cmd+0x5bc/0x9ac
 ufshcd_verify_dev_init+0x84/0x1c8
 ufshcd_probe_hba+0x724/0x1ce0
 ufshcd_host_reset_and_restore+0x260/0x574
 ufshcd_reset_and_restore+0x138/0xbd0
 ufshcd_err_handler+0x1218/0x2f28
 process_one_work+0x5fc/0x1140
 worker_thread+0x7d8/0xe20
 kthread+0x25c/0x468
 ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26842 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 7ac9e18f5d66
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit a992425d18e5
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit b513d30d59bb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26842
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/ufs/core/ufshcd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ac9e18f5d66087cd22751c5c5bf0090eb0038fe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a992425d18e5f7c48931121993c6c69426f2a8fb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b513d30d59bb383a6a5d6b533afcab2cee99a8f8