Subject: CVE-2024-26838: RDMA/irdma: Fix KASAN issue with tasklet

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/irdma: Fix KASAN issue with tasklet

KASAN testing revealed the following issue assocated with freeing an IRQ.

[50006.466686] Call Trace:
[50006.466691]  <IRQ>
[50006.489538]  dump_stack+0x5c/0x80
[50006.493475]  print_address_description.constprop.6+0x1a/0x150
[50006.499872]  ? irdma_sc_process_ceq+0x483/0x790 [irdma]
[50006.505742]  ? irdma_sc_process_ceq+0x483/0x790 [irdma]
[50006.511644]  kasan_report.cold.11+0x7f/0x118
[50006.516572]  ? irdma_sc_process_ceq+0x483/0x790 [irdma]
[50006.522473]  irdma_sc_process_ceq+0x483/0x790 [irdma]
[50006.528232]  irdma_process_ceq+0xb2/0x400 [irdma]
[50006.533601]  ? irdma_hw_flush_wqes_callback+0x370/0x370 [irdma]
[50006.540298]  irdma_ceq_dpc+0x44/0x100 [irdma]
[50006.545306]  tasklet_action_common.isra.14+0x148/0x2c0
[50006.551096]  __do_softirq+0x1d0/0xaf8
[50006.555396]  irq_exit_rcu+0x219/0x260
[50006.559670]  irq_exit+0xa/0x20
[50006.563320]  smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x1bf/0x690
[50006.568645]  apic_timer_interrupt+0xf/0x20
[50006.573341]  </IRQ>

The issue is that a tasklet could be pending on another core racing
the delete of the irq.

Fix by insuring any scheduled tasklet is killed after deleting the
irq.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26838 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 44d9e52977a1 and fixed in 5.15.150 with commit 635d79aa477f
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 44d9e52977a1 and fixed in 6.1.80 with commit b2e4a5266e3d
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 44d9e52977a1 and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit c6f1ca235f68
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 44d9e52977a1 and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 0ae8ad001397
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 44d9e52977a1 and fixed in 6.8 with commit bd97cea7b18a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26838
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/hw/irdma/hw.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/635d79aa477f9912e602feb5498bdd51fb9cb824
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b2e4a5266e3d133b4c7f0e43bf40d13ce14fd1aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c6f1ca235f68b22b3e691b2ea87ac285e5946848
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0ae8ad0013978f7471f22bcf45b027393e87f5dc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd97cea7b18a0a553773af806dfbfac27a7c4acb