Subject: CVE-2024-26824: crypto: algif_hash - Remove bogus SGL free on zero-length error path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: algif_hash - Remove bogus SGL free on zero-length error path

When a zero-length message is hashed by algif_hash, and an error
is triggered, it tries to free an SG list that was never allocated
in the first place.  Fix this by not freeing the SG list on the
zero-length error path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26824 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit b6d972f68983 and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 9c82920359b7
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit b6d972f68983 and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 775f3c1882a4
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit b6d972f68983 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 24c890dd712f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26824
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	crypto/algif_hash.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c82920359b7c1eddaf72069bcfe0ffddf088cd0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/775f3c1882a493168e08fdb8cde0865c8f3a8a29
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/24c890dd712f6345e382256cae8c97abb0406b70