Subject: CVE-2024-26823: irqchip/gic-v3-its: Restore quirk probing for ACPI-based systems

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

irqchip/gic-v3-its: Restore quirk probing for ACPI-based systems

While refactoring the way the ITSs are probed, the handling of quirks
applicable to ACPI-based platforms was lost. As a result, systems such as
HIP07 lose their GICv4 functionnality, and some other may even fail to
boot, unless they are configured to boot with DT.

Move the enabling of quirks into its_probe_one(), making it common to all
firmware implementations.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26823 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9585a495ac93 and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 91a80fff3eee
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9585a495ac93 and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 4c60c611441f
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 9585a495ac93 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 8b02da04ad97

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26823
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3-its.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/91a80fff3eeed928b6fba21271f6a9719b22a5d8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c60c611441f1f1e5de8e00e98ee5a4970778a00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b02da04ad978827e5ccd675acf170198f747a7a