Subject: CVE-2024-26822: smb: client: set correct id, uid and cruid for multiuser automounts

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: set correct id, uid and cruid for multiuser automounts

When uid, gid and cruid are not specified, we need to dynamically
set them into the filesystem context used for automounting otherwise
they'll end up reusing the values from the parent mount.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26822 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9fd29a5bae6e and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit c2aa2718cda2
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9fd29a5bae6e and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 7590ba9057c6
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 9fd29a5bae6e and fixed in 6.8 with commit 4508ec173570
	Issue introduced in 5.15.124 with commit c8117ac42303
	Issue introduced in 6.1.54 with commit 60e3318e3e90

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26822
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/namespace.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c2aa2718cda2d56b4a551cb40043e9abc9684626
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7590ba9057c6d74c66f3b909a383ec47cd2f27fb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4508ec17357094e2075f334948393ddedbb75157