Subject: CVE-2024-26811: ksmbd: validate payload size in ipc response

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ksmbd: validate payload size in ipc response

If installing malicious ksmbd-tools, ksmbd.mountd can return invalid ipc
response to ksmbd kernel server. ksmbd should validate payload size of
ipc response from ksmbd.mountd to avoid memory overrun or
slab-out-of-bounds. This patch validate 3 ipc response that has payload.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26811 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.157 with commit 88b7f1143b15
	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 51a6c2af9d20
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit a637fabac554
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 76af689a45aa
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit a677ebd8ca2f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26811
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/server/ksmbd_netlink.h
	fs/smb/server/mgmt/share_config.c
	fs/smb/server/transport_ipc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/88b7f1143b15b29cccb8392b4f38e75b7bb3e300
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/51a6c2af9d20203ddeeaf73314ba8854b38d01bd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a637fabac554270a851033f5ab402ecb90bc479c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/76af689a45aa44714b46d1a7de4ffdf851ded896
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a677ebd8ca2f2632ccdecbad7b87641274e15aac