Subject: CVE-2024-26799: ASoC: qcom: Fix uninitialized pointer dmactl

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: qcom: Fix uninitialized pointer dmactl

In the case where __lpass_get_dmactl_handle is called and the driver
id dai_id is invalid the pointer dmactl is not being assigned a value,
and dmactl contains a garbage value since it has not been initialized
and so the null check may not work. Fix this to initialize dmactl to
NULL. One could argue that modern compilers will set this to zero, but
it is useful to keep this initialized as per the same way in functions
__lpass_platform_codec_intf_init and lpass_cdc_dma_daiops_hw_params.

Cleans up clang scan build warning:
sound/soc/qcom/lpass-cdc-dma.c:275:7: warning: Branch condition
evaluates to a garbage value [core.uninitialized.Branch]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26799 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit b81af585ea54 and fixed in 6.6.21 with commit 99adc8b4d2f3
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit b81af585ea54 and fixed in 6.7.9 with commit d5a7726e6ea6
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit b81af585ea54 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 1382d8b55129

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26799
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/qcom/lpass-cdc-dma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/99adc8b4d2f38bf0d06483ec845bc48f60c3f8cf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d5a7726e6ea62d447b79ab5baeb537ea6bdb225b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1382d8b55129875b2e07c4d2a7ebc790183769ee