Subject: CVE-2024-26790: dmaengine: fsl-qdma: fix SoC may hang on 16 byte unaligned read

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dmaengine: fsl-qdma: fix SoC may hang on 16 byte unaligned read

There is chip (ls1028a) errata:

The SoC may hang on 16 byte unaligned read transactions by QDMA.

Unaligned read transactions initiated by QDMA may stall in the NOC
(Network On-Chip), causing a deadlock condition. Stalled transactions will
trigger completion timeouts in PCIe controller.

Workaround:
Enable prefetch by setting the source descriptor prefetchable bit
( SD[PF] = 1 ).

Implement this workaround.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26790 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 5.4.271 with commit 518d78b4fac6
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 5.10.212 with commit bb3a06e9b9a3
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 5.15.151 with commit 106c1ac953a6
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.1.81 with commit 237ecf1afe6c
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.6.21 with commit 5b696e9c3882
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.7.9 with commit ad2f8920c314
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 9d739bccf261

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26790
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/dma/fsl-qdma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/518d78b4fac68cac29a263554d7f3b19da99d0da
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb3a06e9b9a30e33d96aadc0e077be095a4f8580
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/106c1ac953a66556ec77456c46e818208d3a9bce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/237ecf1afe6c22534fa43abdf2bf0b0f52de0aaa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b696e9c388251f1c7373be92293769a489fd367
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad2f8920c314e0a2d9e984fc94b729eca3cda471
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d739bccf261dd93ec1babf82f5c5d71dd4caa3e