Subject: CVE-2024-26788: dmaengine: fsl-qdma: init irq after reg initialization

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dmaengine: fsl-qdma: init irq after reg initialization

Initialize the qDMA irqs after the registers are configured so that
interrupts that may have been pending from a primary kernel don't get
processed by the irq handler before it is ready to and cause panic with
the following trace:

  Call trace:
   fsl_qdma_queue_handler+0xf8/0x3e8
   __handle_irq_event_percpu+0x78/0x2b0
   handle_irq_event_percpu+0x1c/0x68
   handle_irq_event+0x44/0x78
   handle_fasteoi_irq+0xc8/0x178
   generic_handle_irq+0x24/0x38
   __handle_domain_irq+0x90/0x100
   gic_handle_irq+0x5c/0xb8
   el1_irq+0xb8/0x180
   _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore+0x14/0x40
   __setup_irq+0x4bc/0x798
   request_threaded_irq+0xd8/0x190
   devm_request_threaded_irq+0x74/0xe8
   fsl_qdma_probe+0x4d4/0xca8
   platform_drv_probe+0x50/0xa0
   really_probe+0xe0/0x3f8
   driver_probe_device+0x64/0x130
   device_driver_attach+0x6c/0x78
   __driver_attach+0xbc/0x158
   bus_for_each_dev+0x5c/0x98
   driver_attach+0x20/0x28
   bus_add_driver+0x158/0x220
   driver_register+0x60/0x110
   __platform_driver_register+0x44/0x50
   fsl_qdma_driver_init+0x18/0x20
   do_one_initcall+0x48/0x258
   kernel_init_freeable+0x1a4/0x23c
   kernel_init+0x10/0xf8
   ret_from_fork+0x10/0x18

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26788 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 5.4.271 with commit 3cc5fb824c21
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 5.10.212 with commit 9579a21e99fe
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 5.15.151 with commit 4529c084a320
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.1.81 with commit 474d521da890
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.6.21 with commit a69c8bbb9469
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.7.9 with commit 677102a93064
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit b092529e0aa0 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 87a39071e0b6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26788
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/dma/fsl-qdma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3cc5fb824c2125aa3740d905b3e5b378c8a09478
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9579a21e99fe8dab22a253050ddff28d340d74e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4529c084a320be78ff2c5e64297ae998c6fdf66b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/474d521da890b3e3585335fb80a6044cb2553d99
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a69c8bbb946936ac4eb6a6ae1e849435aa8d947d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/677102a930643c31f1b4c512b041407058bdfef8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/87a39071e0b639f45e05d296cc0538eef44ec0bd