Subject: CVE-2024-26776: spi: hisi-sfc-v3xx: Return IRQ_NONE if no interrupts were detected

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

spi: hisi-sfc-v3xx: Return IRQ_NONE if no interrupts were detected

Return IRQ_NONE from the interrupt handler when no interrupt was
detected. Because an empty interrupt will cause a null pointer error:

    Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual
  address 0000000000000008
    Call trace:
        complete+0x54/0x100
        hisi_sfc_v3xx_isr+0x2c/0x40 [spi_hisi_sfc_v3xx]
        __handle_irq_event_percpu+0x64/0x1e0
        handle_irq_event+0x7c/0x1cc

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26776 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.211 with commit e94da8aca2e7
	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit 0399d7eba41d
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit f19361d570c6
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit d637b5118274
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit e4168ac25b4b
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit de8b6e1c231a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26776
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/spi/spi-hisi-sfc-v3xx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e94da8aca2e78ef9ecca02eb211869eacd5504e5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0399d7eba41d9b28f5bdd7757ec21a5b7046858d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f19361d570c67e7e014896fa2dacd7d721bf0aa8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d637b5118274701e8448f35953877daf04df18b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e4168ac25b4bd378bd7dda322d589482a136c1fd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/de8b6e1c231a95abf95ad097b993d34b31458ec9