Subject: CVE-2024-26771: dmaengine: ti: edma: Add some null pointer checks to the edma_probe

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dmaengine: ti: edma: Add some null pointer checks to the edma_probe

devm_kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure. Ensure the allocation was successful
by checking the pointer validity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26771 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.211 with commit c432094aa7c9
	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit 4fe4e5adc7d2
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit 9d508c897153
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 7b24760f3a3c
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit f2a5e30d1e9a
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 6e2276203ac9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26771
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/dma/ti/edma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c432094aa7c9970f2fa10d2305d550d3810657ce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4fe4e5adc7d29d214c59b59f61db73dec505ca3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d508c897153ae8dd79303f7f035f078139f6b49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7b24760f3a3c7ae1a176d343136b6c25174b7b27
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f2a5e30d1e9a629de6179fa23923a318d5feb29e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e2276203ac9ff10fc76917ec9813c660f627369