Subject: CVE-2024-26770: HID: nvidia-shield: Add missing null pointer checks to LED initialization

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

HID: nvidia-shield: Add missing null pointer checks to LED initialization

devm_kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure. Ensure the allocation was successful
by checking the pointer validity.

[[email-masked]: tweak changelog a bit]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26770 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 83527a13740f
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit e71cc4a1e584
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit b6eda11c44dc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26770
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/hid-nvidia-shield.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83527a13740f57b45f162e3af4c7db4b88521100
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e71cc4a1e584293deafff1a7dea614b0210d0443
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b6eda11c44dc89a681e1c105f0f4660e69b1e183