Subject: CVE-2024-26769: nvmet-fc: avoid deadlock on delete association path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvmet-fc: avoid deadlock on delete association path

When deleting an association the shutdown path is deadlocking because we
try to flush the nvmet_wq nested. Avoid this by deadlock by deferring
the put work into its own work item.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26769 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.150 with commit 5e0bc09a52b6
	Fixed in 6.1.80 with commit 9e6987f8937a
	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit eaf0971fdabf
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 1d86f7928720
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 710c69dbaccd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26769
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/target/fc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e0bc09a52b6169ce90f7ac6e195791adb16cec4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9e6987f8937a7bd7516aa52f25cb7e12c0c92ee8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eaf0971fdabf2a93c1429dc6bedf3bbe85dffa30
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1d86f79287206deec36d63b89c741cf542b6cadd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/710c69dbaccdac312e32931abcb8499c1525d397