Subject: CVE-2024-26767: drm/amd/display: fixed integer types and null check locations

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: fixed integer types and null check locations

[why]:
issues fixed:
- comparison with wider integer type in loop condition which can cause
infinite loops
- pointer dereference before null check

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26767 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 71783d1ff652
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit beea9ab9080c
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 0484e05d048b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26767
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/bios/bios_parser2.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/link/link_validation.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/71783d1ff65204d69207fd156d4b2eb1d3882375
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/beea9ab9080cd2ef46296070bb327af066ee09d7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0484e05d048b66d01d1f3c1d2306010bb57d8738